There’s nothing grosser than a dirty bathroom. It is the one room in the house that gets used daily, and it needs constant upkeep to look its best. With just a few tips and tricks, you can keep your bathroom clean and shiny without too much hassle or if you’d prefer hire a cleaning service like CleanBee to do the magical work.
Bathroom Cleaning Tips and Tricks You Need
1. Always use a squeegee after you shower. This may seem like a no-brainer, but there are still plenty of people out there who don’t do this. A quick once around the entire length of your shower with a squeegee will keep water spots from appearing on the walls and glass over time.
2. Clean the faucet with toothpaste. This might sound too easy actually to work, but trust me, it does! Apply some toothpaste to a damp cloth and wipe down the faucets in your bathroom. They will look just like new when you are finished.
3. Use a dryer sheet to eliminate static cling in your bathroom rugs. This is especially helpful when it comes to hairdryers! Just take your used dryer sheet and rub it over the surface of your bathroom rugs, then give them a quick shake outside, and they will be ready for use.
4. Clean the grout in your shower with a pencil eraser. This works great for small spaces such as around the faucets. Just rub the spot with an old, clean pencil eraser and watch all of that mildew disappear.
5. Soak your toothbrushes in mouthwash to keep them clean. I’m not sure why this works, other than the fact that it doesn’t really make sense, but it does work. Just place your toothbrush in some mouthwash and let it sit there overnight. You will notice that your brush is much cleaner when you take it out of the mouthwash the next morning. The mouthwash will kill germs and remove stains from the bristles on your toothbrush.
6. Keep a used dryer sheet in your bathroom cabinet to eliminate odors. This one may seem like it doesn’t belong on this list, but it really does make a difference. Use an old dryer sheet to wipe down the inside of your cabinets once a week, and this will keep the odors at bay. Ensure that you replace it regularly for the best results.
7. Clean soap scum with lemon juice and salt (or baking soda). These two ingredients combined actually do work like a charm. Just mix them, and rub them on all of the affected areas in your shower to make them look better than new.
8. Use vinegar to clean and deodorize the garbage disposal. If you have a stinky garbage disposal, fill it up with vinegar, turn it on for 30 seconds, and run the water until everything rinses out. If you have a non-electric one that needs some cleaning, pour vinegar down it once in a while to keep the blades sharp, and the disposal is smelling fresh.
9. Keep your shower curtain fresh and mildew-free by adding a shower curtain liner. This is an easy way to ensure that your shower stays clean, and the mildew never builds up because it keeps all of the water from touching the curtain.
10. Use baking soda to clean a dirty grout line. Just sprinkle some baking soda on the area, and scrub with a toothbrush to make it look new.
So there you have it! There are my top 10 bathroom cleaning tips and tricks that I use in my own home to keep things looking nice but without too much hassle. If you know of any other good ones, please feel free to leave them in the comments section for future readers.